Monday, January 4, 2010

The first three days... right on track!

Day 1 and Day 2 I read in the evening. Yesterday, I read in the morning (stayed home sick from church, so lots of time)! I am not sure which I prefer yet, but I am so excited about the project that I just can't WAIT to read by the time I sit down to do it. Those 12 pages fly by.

I've discovered a few things, about my reading style and about the content of what I am reading.
- I can't read if there is any music or noise happening. I used to be able to! All those names get garbled when listening to something else, though, so quite time is necessary.

- Reading through the popular stories of Genesis (Adam & Eve, Noah, Esau & Jacob, Joseph) has helped me to realize how much our culture has ADDED to these stories that just is not in the bible. Also, facts have been changed (or perhaps interpreted differently), but the essence of the stories is what is important.

- A whole lot of procreating going on! WOW. I'm not sure what to make of some of it, though, especially the way women were treated.

- I've been taking notes, but mostly just trying to take it in. I'm underlining things that I would like to go back and ponder or research after the 3 months are over.

- It takes me about 45 minutes to read as long as I don't get interrupted.

I'll try to post here every few days with a "check up" of where I am and any ponderings that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment