Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holding the Bible in 90 Days in my hands!

Last night I went to our local Cokesbury store. I have to admit - I always feel out of place and awkward in Christian stores. I feel like I am in a foreign land! When the clerk asked me what translation the Bible in 90 Days is based on - I hesitated. Do I say N-I-V? Do I pronounce it "nivh"? No clue! I spelled it out and she didn't bat an eye, so I think maybe that is the right way to say it? But, in my church we do not have a very heavy emphasis on the bible as a book. I think it is forgotten that a bible is a book with many translations and each has a story behind it.

Last night I started my new routine of sitting up in bed and reading the bible. I was so tempted to start with Genesis, but instead I read the preface and the appendixes - so interesting! I am totally geared up and ready to start this challenge!

Amy at MomsToolbox.com is asking us to register for the official Bible in 90 Days daily e-mails (which can be done here). I am so interested in seeing the materials that are provided through MomsToolbox and through the Bible in 90 Days site.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, its usually spelled out, so N-I-V. :-) It can be rather interesting to compare different translations of the bible, particularly something like the NLT versus NIV versus King James :-P

    ReplyDelete