Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekly Check-up

I'm on track. Actually, I'm better than on track. I haven't even started reading for today yet and I'm already half done!

Okay, here's the back story. Last week, I got behind (again). I figured I could easily get caught up while we were at Mike's parents' house for the long weekend. Well, I did get mostly caught up, but not quite. So, Mike volunteered to drive home (even though it was my turn to drive) so I could get completely up-to-date with my reading. What a sweetheart! And who knew that reading the bible would be so easy while listening to soundtracks from the Muppet movies. Haha. I did read at about half-pace due to not wanting to get car sick, but I only had a few pages left by the time we got home.

I settled in to finish up during the evening, and when my time for reading was almost up, I checked my progress... and realized I read AHEAD by 6 pages! Oops! I guess there is something to be said about the book of Judges! So for tonight, I only have 6 pages to read - all in Ruth, I think.... maybe I'll even catch myself reading ahead again!

This challenge has really made me realize a 2 things:
1) It is possible to get caught up reading the bible! Some passages are a chore, but some are so fascinating, they just fly by!
2) If a modern-day editor got a hold of the bible, there would be some serious editing done. :-P The repetitiveness is really starting to annoy my minimalistic side. I am trying to see the reasons behind the repetition!

No comments:

Post a Comment