Thursday, March 4, 2010

Less than 30 days to go

Less than 30 days to go and this is the first week that I have started off behind. Last night I was more than 4 days behind and now I am only 1 and a half days behind. I did not get to do my catch-up reading last weekend because of being busy and productive in other aspects of life (curtains are hung! yay!). But excuses do not get me caught up! I have a car trip coming up on Sunday, so that should give me 4 hours of reading time, but I have to be careful to not get car sick and I have to remember my book light! I also would rather not come down to the wire again to only have Sunday to get caught up. I've been reading on my breaks at work this week and hopefully that will help - BUT I have to STILL DO MY HOUR of reading at home! That has been a hard thing to fit in and this week is no exception.

As for the reading itself, I FINALLY finished Jeremiah last night and breezed through Lamentations. Sadly, Lamentations was over before it began and now I am trudging through Ezekiel. Ugh. These prophets are only interesting when they are predicting things that will happen in the time of Christ. I am trying to keep my eyes pealed to mark these passages, but it isn't easy since I do not have that much experience reading the New Testament. I am interested to look for a visual time line that shows how the books of the bible line up in history. A lot of the stuff in Jeremiah and Ezekiel is about what happened in Kings and Chronicles. I feel like we are beating a dead horse here sometimes. I know the repetition is for a reason, but the minimalist writer in me is editing this huge book in my head as I go along. "It's the Word of God! Stop editing!" I have to remind myself.

I never really realize how SHORT the New Testament is. It's barely a quarter of the length of the whole Bible. I can't wait to get there!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I hear you on the repetition (and on having to tell the writer/editor in you to go away)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to post a timeline with the books of the Bible before we finish. Feel free to remind me if I forget!!

    You are doing really well... I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete